Monday, October 6, 2014

October 5, 2014

Prompt: Write about a keepsake.

I'll actually write about a few different ones.

I work with my boyfriend, which probably sounds like a terrible idea, I know. But we leave each other little notes at work. Being cashiers, we get our own registers that are supplied with pens and a stash of paper. When the other one isn't around, we'll write a cute little note and put it on their register for later. It's just a way we try to make the other's work day a little brighter. We also write sticky notes  that have our inside jokes on them. I've kept all of the notes he has written me. I actually brought that up to him and found out he has kept every one I've written him as well. Both when we were just best friends and now. I read them on bad days to help cheer me up.

I have a necklace that my best friend of many years had gotten me for a Christmas gift. It's absolutely beautiful. I got mad at her when I opened the jewelry box to discover it. We agreed that we could by each other gifts, but they had to be within a certain price range. I knew this necklace cost more than what she was allowed to spend on me. It's my absolute favorite piece of jewelry, but with that being said, I hardly ever wear it. This probably sounds a little strange. I just worry that I'm going to end up losing it if I wear it out often. I would be devastated if I lost the little necklace. It means a lot to me.

Earlier I mentioned how I like keeping little notes, I'm the same way with pictures. I tend to forget a lot of important moments in my life, or I can't remember a lot of details about a person from my past. I'm fond of taking pictures of important people and memorable moments. It's nice to be able to look back at them and remember everything.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some fantastic keepsakes. It is usually a bad idea for couples to work together, but you guys have made it a great game instead of work. The necklace makes sense too. I bought my fiance a ring last year for Christmas. She wears it all the time but she has told me she has had nightmares that she has lost it! She has even said she couldn't imagine wearing anything super expensive much either, as she would be scared of losing it! Photos are one of my things too. I like taking them whenever I can. Its a great, easy way to remember what is important! Keep it up! You will look back one day and be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete