Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 30, 2014

Free write.

I know free writes probably aren't that much fun for people to read, but I like having somewhere to just write for no purpose. Just to let out whatever it is that's on my mind. I have a lot of thoughts right now, just floating around.

I've recently found out that I've gotten back into the mood of writing just for fun even. The other day I put on a good CD and grabbed an old notebook that had some blank pieces in it and just went at it. For the past few years, the little writing I have been working on has been on my laptop. It felt nice to use a pencil. Instead of clicking keys, I can scribble and erase. It's honestly more work writing that way, but I've missed it. I'm less of a perfectionist when I'm writing on paper. It also gives me the ability to add in on the margins and cross out old ideas for new ones.

On the topic of writing on paper verses using a computer, I guess paper is pretty much a thing of the past. My senior year in high school we didn't even use paper in my history classes. They had completely gone online. They had started making science classes the same and were talking about ways to turn our math classes that way as well. I'm sure english classes will eventually follow suite. It's a good thing we can converse paper I suppose, but I grew up doing everything on paper.

I have a feeling when everyone else is doing everything online, I'll being sitting reading a paper book instead. I'll be that old-fashioned person that doesn't want to completely transition over like the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong, I love technology. I use it every day. I just worry that things like paper are just going to be done away with.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this. I had not used physical media in a while. I spend a lot of time on my computer, and the i read on a kindle, watch tv, etc. Then my wife handed my a physical book and it just felt so natural. I then picked up some paper a few days later. I would say my hand began cramping after the first paragraph. It was nice to write and read on paper.

    ReplyDelete