Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 28, 2014

Prompt: Write from the point of view of a clean sock that was mistakenly placed in the hamper.

Ah! I love the feeling of being freshly taken out of the dryer. Don't get me wrong, I hate the process of being dried. All of that tossing and turning makes me dizzy. Not to mention, I don't get along with any of the fellows I get thrown in with. I'd rather keep my distance from them. Not because I'm claustrophobic or anything. I guess I should explain what it is about me that personally makes the life of being a sock so difficult.

I'm a germaphobe. You've seen the humans that are like that, they touch any foreign object and have to pull out the hand sanitizer. I'm obviously not quite like that. I like the feeling I get after I've been washed and dried. I get the human smell and germs off of me.

Life as a sock isn't nearly as easy as it may sound and definitely is far from enjoyable. Humans just toss me around like I don't have feelings. I either end up in one of a few places if I'm not in the wash. Where I should be, is in the quiet confines of the sock drawer. It's nice in there, sure it's a bit crowded, but you kind of get used to it. Then I obviously end up on my owner's feet. I'm not a fan of this part, but it's my duty. I just hate what happens with me when the human has decided they no longer need me, but is too lazy to dispose of me properly. I just get ripped off and tossed onto the floor. This isn't how I should be treated. I deserve some respect.

Then there are the moments when I'm freshly washed and the human doesn't feel like putting me away, or I get dropped on the way to the drawer. This doesn't happen often, but my fate is the same each time. I lay there for a few days, alone on the cold floor. No one notices me. Then one day, someone casts their glance in my direction. I get picked up. Now,  used to I had my hopes up that I was being moved to the drawer, nope. The silly human thinks I'm one of those filthy socks that has been thrown onto the floor. I then get put in with all of the filth in the hamper. This is disgusting. I'm clean and don't deserve to be put in with them. Maybe someday I'll get my revenge.





1 comment:

  1. After reading some of your prompted blogs, it has really got me wanting to try it myself. It seems like the type of activity to simply stretch your mind every morning. Good job!

    ReplyDelete