Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 2014

I think I'll just use my blog as a free write today. I've had a headache all day so it would probably be easier for me to write about whatever is on my mind rather than to try and think of clever things to say. Plus, my past few blogs have been about prompts. I like to mix things up. I'm currently trying to finish my "This I believe" essay. I hit a major writer's block and haven't been able to progress much in it at all. I've even considered deleting the whole thing and starting over with a new topic. I really shouldn't, but I'm such a perfectionist. It's not turning out quite as well as I had pictured it in my mind. Maybe once I finish up this post, my mind might have cleared up a little.

Work actually went pretty great today. I have to be there by six on Sundays so I try to get some sleep the night before. Last night I ended up working on my classes until midnight. Definitely not planned, but needed. My manager actually offered to buy me a donut when I was joking about him buying me one. I turned down the offer of course. I'm too polite to say yes. Then not even 15 minutes later, I told a customer that their donuts sounded pretty great. He also tried getting me to eat one of the delicious little baked goods. I also turned him down. Even though I never take food from customers, I still think it's extremely sweet of them to offer it to almost a complete stranger. I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact a lot of people stop buy the store on Sundays are either headed to or from church, but I hardly ever have rude customers during my Sunday shifts. Granted, I do get some, but it's not nearly as often. Of course, it could be because a lot of people are off work on Sundays. They're probably in better moods for that reason.

Well, I'm going to go back to that essay. Hopefully this will get the ideas flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment