Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Todays the big day, I'm finally another year older! I sure don't feel that different. This has been the busiest week I've had in a long time. I'm hoping now that my birthday is over, things will calm down a bit. It's been a challenge finding time to get all of my classwork done while I'm barely ever home. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm going to be busy the rest of this week too. Tomorrow I'm spending time with my best friend. He's going to try teaching me how to play guitar or drums. I've never had any musical talents, but I'd love to give it a shot.

The television is one while I type this and it got me to wondering why so many Americans spend their time in front of the television. We always complain about how there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done. But then we waste countless hours watching things like reality programs. We really don't benefit from watching them, there's nothing educational to those shows even. We take pleasure in watching other people's lives and get so engrossed on them that we take time out of our own lives to keep up with theirs. I'm not the type to enjoy hardly any of those shows. However, I do get pretty wrapped up in some movies. One of the newer Spiderman movies is on right now. That's what I enjoy watching. My favorite kind of movies are the ones that make you think after you watch them. That's how most movies should be. I guess that's why I've never been a huge fan of comedies or a lot of romances. The majority of movies are purely made for entertainment purposes. People like movies that will make them laugh, have an attractive lead actor/actress, or have many explosions. I got really off topic there on the subject of movies, but my brain just works that way I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment