Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 22, 2014

I didn't get around to writing this before I fell asleep last night since my brain decided to shut down extremely early. So this is yesterday's blog.

It's funny, yesterday I watched a movie with my best friend and it was completely different from when I had watched it from a week before. The first time I watched the film, I enjoyed it and only found a few flaws. I'd watched it with my mother and she liked it a lot. Yesterday, the movie wasn't the same. My best friend pointed out how creepy the lead male actor was and that pretty much ruined the entire movie.

Well, I don't know if ruined is the right word to use there. We ended up turning a sad romance into more of a comedy. So the message of the film was a bit lost, but it was still enjoyable to watch. I'm not sure why a movie can be taken so differently depending on who you watch it with. Maybe it's because my mom is the type to just sit and watch the movie. She doesn't have commentary or really dig deeper into it. My best friend is like myself when it comes to watching a film. We have to talk through almost the entire movie and question character reactions and events. I'm not sure if that's how most normal people watch movies. I think the majority of people just sit and watch the film in silence. But we aren't exactly normal.

Even after the movie was over, he had to ask me questions about the characters. I read the book so he knew I would understand it much better than him. Movies can't compete with the books. They're a lot more vague and it's easy to get lost in what's going on. I'm sure there are a few exceptions where the film is done better than the book. I just have yet to find that case.

No comments:

Post a Comment